Outward sells 400,000 worldwide, free update released with Hardcore mode, added languages, more [Update: Now Live on Console]
Update (November 19)
The following update is now live for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Original (October 4)
Deep Silver and Nine Dots Studio have announced that open-world survival RPG Outward has sold 400,000 units worldwide. A substantial new free update has been added to the game, introducing a Hardcore mode, more boss fights, several new supported languages, and more.
Check out the latest developer diary highlight the new update below. You can check out our review for Outward here.
- Hardcore mode: “Take it to the next level!” you requested it, ok now you’ve got it! With the Permadeath option, when defeated there is a chance players get a defeat scenario, but there is also a chance characters actually die permanently (save game deleted!)
- Hidden Endgame Boss Fights: We will say no more at this point, but they are waiting for you!
- Vastly Improved Legacy Chest System
- More End Game items
- Languages, languages and more languages!: Added the following languages (text only): Polish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazil), Turkish
- Addition of an Unarmed attack
- Poutine!: The Quebec super food!