Daedalic Entertainment has announced that tactical RPG Iron Danger will launch on March 25 for PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam.
Created by Finnish developer Action Squad Studios, Iron Danger is a steampunk fantasy tactical RPG steeped in Finnish folklore with a time-bending gameplay mechanic. Players can manipulate and rewind time to rethink various actions in a fusion of turn-based and real-time combat.
Find a new trailer and description below via Daedalic Entertainment.
Iron Danger transports players to a war-torn world inspired by a fusion of nordic mythology, steampunk and tech noir. In order to save the city of Kalevala, you’ll have to find new companions, upgrade their abilities and understand that the river of time does not simply flow in one direction.
When an army of Northlanders invade her village, Iron Danger’s protagonist Kipuna is mortally wounded - saved only by a mysterious crystal creature that grants her the ability to rewind time. With her new-found powers, Kipuna can manipulate the fourth dimension and turn back time up to five seconds in order to change the future. Players can dodge or block attacks that were sure to hit them, strategically adjust their position on the battlefield, choose and time attacks befitting the situation or heal themselves. This gives traditional tactical combat a puzzle-like element, as players can continuously test new approaches and synchronize character actions for the perfect outcome.
- Master unique time-rewind mechanics and experience a new take on tactical combat, fusing the best aspects of real-time and turn-based systems.
- Utilise highly interactive environments to gain an advantage over your enemies and succeed against impossible odds.
- Adventure into a world of steampunk fantasy, meeting unique inhabitants inspired by Finnish folklore.
- Fight epic boss monsters on the path to fulfill your destiny.
- No grinding! Character progression is balanced throughout your journey.
- 15+ hours of gameplay